Students with autism and developmental delays will increase their understanding/use of core words (i.e. down, go) and fringe words. This flipchart is perfect for students with language impairments who require visual supports for comprehension.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary for vocabulary relating to a firefighter (firefighter, fire station, fire truck, etc.)
• sound effects for fire alarm and fire truck siren
• interactive story that demonstrates the meaning of vocabulary words
• visual sentence strips to aid in reading comprehension as students make the firefighter go down the pole, drive the truck, and put out a fire.
• an “I Spy” game that requires matching pictures of vocabulary words to pictures in a scene
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more flipchart activities!
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
***The personal edition of ActivInspire can be downloaded from Promethean World***
All downloads of ActivInspire software will continue to work; however, users will no longer receive maintenance updates and bug fixes for ActivInspire software past September 4, 2017. Customer support for ActivInspire Software will remain active through June 30, 2018.