Personal stories give students the chance to feel safe, secure, and part of a classroom unit. This worksheet times out space for a one minute speech. This is a great way to break the ice and get to know your students a lot better! I use this as a history lesson, but it could be used in any class.
Before we learn the history of the United States, it is important to me us learn their stories.
In a 60 second script, tell me your life’s story. Summarize, but make it meaningful. One joke is ok. Think about what you would want to tell someone meeting you for the first time. Who are you?
This is a great activity for the first day of class. I then collect and read them and plan accordingly with things that will interest my students.
My TOP 8 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
8. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
7. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
6. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
5. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
4. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
3. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
2. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged
1. 5 Week Garageband Unit for Music Recording