These are small books that you can print and make for a variety of uses in your speech sessions. The only materials required are the download and a pair of scissors.
I've given you two versions, one with realistic and engaging photos if you want to go all out and print in color and another with simpler drawings for black and white printing. Here are a few ideas for your sessions:
1. Have your students cut and fold them for an auditory following directions task. They can color them also.
2. Have them say each word 3 times with their good sound
3. They can make up a sentence using each word.
4. The therapist can ask a question that will can be answered by one or more of the words. Ex "which starts with the same letter as your name?" .
5. The therapist can give a category or description of the word which the student answers with one of the words. Ex: "which one is found in a park?", to which the student answers "bench".
6. The therapist asks for which one rhymes with a word: "which one rhymes with 'fair'" for which the answer is: "chair"
7. send it home for home practice. There are instructions for parents on the final page.
Developed and tested by SLP's in the schools with real kids in multicultural environments.
If you work in the schools, check out my Caseload Manager for Speech Therapy
for keeping track of all you do! It will revolutionize your record keeping!
to see a short tutorial that will show you what it can do for you.