This unit provides daily lesson plans for My Mother’s Secret by J.L. Witterick—the entire book and relevant historical topics. This collection is designed so that all reading is done in class. It is 120+ pages of everything you need. Imagine: all planning, done!
This My Mother's Secret unit includes:
1. Fully paced, daily lessons for the entire book
2. Each lesson linked to Common Core standards
3. Detailed directions for teachers for each lesson'
4. Discussion questions
5. Printables for each lesson
6. Writing activities
7. Quizzes and answer keys
8. Web-based activities that explore Holocaust topics: resistance, ghetto life, and rescuers. These lessons include maps, introductory videos, and video interviews with rescuers, survivors, and Jewish resistance fighters.
9. WebQuests for Righteous Among the Nations, and Rescuers, and four contemporary human rights issues
10. Full writing-process assignment, including a rubric
11. A range of activities: writing, discussing, viewing, and reading, desk-based activities and stand-up-and-move ones, independent activities as well as pairs, and groups
Prints in color or black and white.
You may also be interested in:
A Long Way Gone--The Complete Unit
NewsQuest and Bingo: Winter Holidays-- Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa
Vocabulary Activities for Any Word List
Tips to Buyers:
Buyers, did you know that when you leave feedback, you earn credit toward future TpT purchases? Please take a moment to leave meaningful feedback. Thank you!
Be the first to learn about new products! Click on the green star beside my store logo to become a follower and receive updates about my store.
If you have questions, please email me at WritingbyRachelC@gmail.com
Have a great day,