- Start Your School Year Stress-Free! Includes everything you need to plan your first week of school! From Back to School Read-Alouds to Team Building STEM Activities, these plans will help you have your BEST FIRST WEEK EVER! Just choose the activities that you want to use, print, and spend the rest o$40.50$20.00Save $20.50
- STEM Challenges include TpT Digital Activities Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Start your school year right with Back to School Read Alouds! Includes 3 STEM Challenges and 4 Lessons to accompany The Dot by Peter Reynolds, Have You Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud, My Mouth is a$17.00$9.60Save $7.40
- Includes TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world proble$161.50$80.00Save $81.50
- Product Description
NOW INCLUDES DIGITAL VERSION for DISTANCE LEARNING!
Integrate STEM in your classroom with this Volcano STEM Activity!
Students learn how to avoid interrupting with experiments inspired by My Mouth is a Volcano by Julia Cook! This is a fantastic back to school read aloud activity to set up your classroom procedures during the first week of school!
The STEM Process:
Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Aligns with NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards).
- Teacher Instructions (with photos)
- Student Instructions
- Student Planning and Reflection Pages
- Volcano STEM Activity
- Toothpaste STEM Activity
- Interrupting Reflection
- STEM Journal
- NGSS Standards
- TpT Digital Activity Version that can be assigned in Google Classroom
- Baking Soda
- 7 Up or Sprite
- Food Coloring
- Plastic Cups
- Popsicle Sticks
- Measuring cups
- My Mouth is a Volcano by Julia Cook (Recommended)
What Teachers are saying about My Mouth is a Volcano Read Aloud STEM Challenges:
"This is one of my favorite books to use at the beginning of the school year. I am even more excited now to find a STEM activity to go along with it."
"Great way to incorporate social skills and emotion management into our volcano study ."
"I love that this covers social skills, literacy, and science! Thanks!"
"This was so much fun. It is a great addition to a fun book. It added so much to our unit on My Mouth is a Volcano. I will definitely use it again next year!"
"This is a great lesson on blurting out in class. My second graders thought it was tons of fun and they know what I mean when I say, 'It looks like we have a few volcanoes in our class.'"