Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.19 MB | 16 pages
This lesson pack is perfect for grades 4 - 6 or ESL/EFL teachers looking for something different for their class! The lesson is meant to get students reading, talking, and writing about music. This is a great lesson for energizing your class on a topic they'll be passionate about.
Here is what the lesson pack includes:
1.) 4 pages of worksheets as follows:
Pages 1 and 2:
- a warm-up activity to get students thinking and talking a little about the topic
- a short article about Queen's seminal album "A Kind of Magic" is included to get students reading.
- a short and simple quiz to check comprehension.
- the students are provided with discussion prompts to get them talking about music they love.
- a crossword puzzle helps students learn any new vocabulary from the article on page 2.
- a class discussion activity/game called "Find Someone Who"
- a writing prompt to give students for an in-class writing assignment or as homework
2.) A 12-slide powerpoint
The powerpoint is meant to guide the teacher and students smoothly through the worksheet activities. It is not a required component of the lesson.
3.) A short audio (MP3) file
The audio is a recorded version of the Queen - A Kind of Magic article being read aloud. This is great for LD learners or low-level readers who want to shadow read. It is also very good for EFL/ESL students who wish to hear the tone, stress, and pronunciation.