This makes teaching Houghton Mifflin simple!
If the curriculum and all its components are a bit overwhelming, then this resource is made JUST FOR YOU!
This unit is PACKED with many fun activities, graphic organizers, games, and Daily Literacy activities.
Worksheets are Common Core aligned with standards listed on the first pages of the file and on each page.
Each story section ends with an assessment of common core skills taught within that story and open ended DOK comprehension questions with the last question always connecting text to self, text to world, or text to text.
Please download the preview for an overview of the unit and full page previews.
****THIS RESOURCE IS FOR 2ND GRADE - UNIT 4: HEROES AND HELPERS - LESSON 18 ONLY****
Other lessons will be added. Check the timeline below.
ALL Lessons Include:
- Focus wall Labels
- Vocabulary Word and Picture Cards
- Story High Frequency Word (HFW) Cards CCSS RF2.3
- Spelling List CCSS RS 2.2
- High Frequency Word Activities CCSS RF2.3
- Read Aloud Comprehension Skill/Strategy Graphic
- Story Comprehension Skill/Strategy Graphic Organizers
- Word Search CCSS RS2.3
- Vocabulary Review CCSS L2.4
- Draw and Write CCSS RI2.4
- Vocabulary Match Up Game CCSS RI2.4
- Unscramble the Ramble CCSS L2.4
- Skip and Scan CCSS RL2.5 (Differentiated)
- Phonics Skills Graphic Organizer CCSS RF2.3
- Grammar and Word Skills (see each story for details)
- Making Connections: Connecting Text to Text(T-T),
Text to World(T-W), and Text to Self(T-S)
- In My Opinion… CCSS W2.1
- Cube It!
- Vocabulary ABC CCSS L2.4
- Draw and Write Vocabulary CCSS RI2.4
- Scramble, Sequence, and Summarize CCSS L2.1,
RL2.5, RL2.7 (Differentiated)
- Writing Activity CCSS W2.8
- Somebody, Wanted, But, So Summary CCSS RL2.5
- Skills and Comprehension Assessment with Text Dependent
and DOK Questions
My Name is Gabriela
- Story Sequence CCSS RL2.5
- Story Details CCSS RL2.5
- Describing our Character: Text
Dependent Words CCSS RL2.3, 2.6
- Analyze and Evaluate CCSS RL2.7
- Understanding our Character CCSSRL2.3
- Noun and Verb Endings (s, ies)
- Comparing Characters CCSSRL2.3, 2.6
- Writing Activity: Create a Poem
- The Verb “Be”
- Suffix (y, ful)
- Essential Question Prompt
- Nobel Prize Information Sheet
- Daily Proofreading Practice
****A Daily Proofreading Practice sampler is included. Purchase it for the entire Unit 4 here:****
Daily Proofreading Practice Unit 4: Lessons 16-20
Looking for Lesson 16: Mr. Tanen’s Tie Trouble?
Mr. Tanen’s Tie Trouble
Looking for Lesson 17: Luke Goes to Bat?
Luke Goes to Bat
These Unit 4 stories will be added when completed :
Lesson 19: Signmaker’s Assisstant
Lesson 20: Dex: The Heart of a Hero
I hope that this resource will make your year easier!