My Octopus Teacher Movie Guide with Ecosystem Activities - Biology Sub Plan
Also included in
- Looking for no-prep, independent middle school STEM activities? How about easy STEM sub plans? Or the perfect STEM movie for a class incentive? Keep your students engaged and extend their STEM learning with these middle school STEM movie guides!All of the STEM in the Middle movie guides include befPrice $51.50Original Price $91.97Save $40.47
- Looking for easy Science sub plans or movie day incentives? Keep your students engaged and extend their science learning with this Science movie worksheet bundle! All STEM in the Middle Movie Guides include before, during and after questions to keep your students engaged and learning throughout thePrice $32.48Original Price $58.00Save $25.52
Need an easy Biology or STEM sub plan? Maybe a movie day incentive? Keep your students engaged and extend their STEM learning by watching My Octopus Teacher (2020)!
This Oscar-winning documentary follows the relationship between a filmmaker and an octopus in the South African kelp forest. It will captivate your students, as they observe the octopus' life cycle and her daily struggles and triumphs in the kelp forest ecosystem.
This My Octopus Teacher movie guide includes before, during, and after questions to keep your students engaged and learning throughout the entire "movie day." This means you are free to catch up on grades, hold conferences, hang out with your students, or take a much-needed sick day.
What’s included in the My Octopus Teacher movie guide?
- Printable PDF, Google, and Easel versions of the student activities
- 3 before the movie discussion questions
- 18 movie comprehension questions focused on the South African kelp forest ecosystem and the life cycle of an octopus
- 3 after the movie tasks
- An answer key
- You will need to ensure you have access to the My Octopus Teacher video through a streaming platform or rent or buy the film before using the resource with your class.
How can the My Octopus Teacher movie guide be used in your classroom?
- Introduce students to the octopus life cycle
- Explore how living things interact in an ecosystem
- Use the resource as a low-prep STEM or Biology sub plan
- Give your students independent work so you can catch up on grades or other paperwork
- Use the film as a movie day incentive in STEM or Science class
- Teach your students about being a naturalist
- Watch the movie to celebrate Earth Day or
Did you know you can earn credit toward future TPT purchases by leaving a review? If you download this product, please come back and leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TPT
If you liked this product, check out:
Let’s stay in touch!