Save big (50% off) with this bundle! From reading, writing, to oral language, these thematic vocabulary units cover it all! I use these units with my newcomers and beginning ELLs, but they are great for all students in need of building basic vocabulary skills with visual supports. This huge bundle is filled with enough ELL thematic vocabulary to last your entire school year. Included are 20 units with 10 resources each (over 800 pages!).
“My Picture Dictionary” This is a perfect tool to give your beginning readers and ELL students the support and confidence they need to begin to tackle tasks in English. This product is available in color or grayscale. Directions are included for printing your dictionary as a double-sided mini book.
Each of the 20 thematic units come with the following 10 resources. Please take a look at the product preview for a closer look!
1. Vocabulary Posters: These are visuals to introduce the 9-28 vocabulary words in each unit.
2. Vocabulary Cards: These can be used as flashcards, a word wall, or hole punched onto word ring.
3. Lift the Flap Book (2 Pages): Students cut on the dotted lines of the cover page to create the flaps. Then, they glue the cover page to the bottom page along the center. Two cover options are available: with clipart or without clipart.
4. Lift the Flap Foldable (1 Page): This is an alternative to the lift the flap book for a 1 page option. Students cut on the dotted lines and then fold each side over the center images. They write the vocabulary term on the outside of the flap.
5. Interactive Mini Reader: This is a simple book with repetitive sentence starters. Students cut out the pictures on the last page of their mini reader and glue them on their correct page.
6. Worksheets: These provide students chances to build up from simple matching to writing with the vocabulary words. They are great for independent practice or homework.
7. Discussion Starters: Each photograph comes with an image the teacher uses to work on oral language skills through discussion. After folding the paper in half, the teacher has questions on their side and the students have the image facing them. The teacher can also see sentence starters, which can be written on the board as a support for beginning ELLs. This is great for providing vocabulary and boost writing confidence for the next activity (#8, below).
8. Photography Free-Writes: Students have space to write vocabulary from the discussion (#7, above). Then, they write about the photograph. There are 2 writing rule width options.
9. Vocabulary Cards: Smaller vocabulary cards that are perfect for a matching game or Bingo.
10. Bingo Cards: 8-10 cards
Note: Sports & Activities has 2 interactive mini readers, making for a total of 21 interactive mini readers.