I love Literature Circles! Having used them with previous grades 4 to 7, I thought why not try them with younger students. This past year I used this set with my grade 2/3 students. They loved it and couldn't wait for their next meeting.
Reading Club Activities Include:
1. Text Tracker
2. Word Worker: 2 discussion starters included
3. Catchy Connector: focus on character
4. Illustrator: a second activity encourages students to discuss book cover and audience
5. Super Summarizer: follows somebody, wanted, but, so, then
6. Wonder Kid
7. Evaluating the Story: students choose their own response prompt
I have already set aside the books for this year's group! If you have questions about literature circles and younger students please ask. Visit me at: www.myideafile.blogspot.com.