Also included in
- If you love Patricia Polacco's books, then having grab and go materials to go with them is a HUGE help. This author study includes materials for *13* titles PLUS an author research lapbook for a total of 560+ pages of materials. Patricia Polacco is a favorite for teachers and students. Her books ar$55.65$79.50Save $23.85
The students will be able to identify author's purpose, make predictions and comparisons, analyze character, plot, and setting, respond with text evidence to questions, and write in response to reading.
My Rotten Redhead Older Brother is one of Patricia Polacco's most popular books. This comprehension focused unit includes before/during/after activities that work well for guided reading, as mentor text lessons, for partners, and even for some stations with the printable and digital options. It makes planning easy and teaching clear and concise.
This unit includes the following activities:
1. Schema Builder about Siblings
2. A webquest exploring the life of Patricia Polacco
3.. Vocabulary building activities
4. Author's purpose studies
5. Making Predictions
6. Making comparisons
7. Character analysis
8. writing opportunities related to skills
10. Analyzing plot, character, and setting
11. The Next Competition Class Book
12. Questioning Task Cards/Response form
If you love Patricia Polacco's Books, you may be interested in checking out these other titles:
To get them all, purchase the Patricia Polacco Author Study Bundle.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
While you're here, be sure to follow me on social media to learn about new products and freebies.
and last but not least,
Come back soon!
Carla @ Comprehension Connection
PS. This unit is correlated to both Virginia standards and Common Core.