This story of a girl’s “problem” older brother-and how they solved their problems-is relevant to most families and is beautifully told by Patricia Polacco. This 38 page book response journal includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Important story events
-13 specific comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Character analysis – proof from text
- Compare and contrast character –beginning and end of story
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to author
- Main Idea
- 4 Reader's response writing prompts / text to self
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards plus ABC order of vocab. words
- Beginning, Middle End
- Adjective find
- Important Nouns
-Author’s Viewpoint graphic organizer
-Create your own “masterpiece”
Can be used in large, small and individual settings. Pages can be used individually or as a packet. Also useful for assessment.
Thank you for considering this work!