Come learn some shape names with a simple, interactive format! My Shape Book shares many of the common names for shapes and a few names that aren't so common. The child is asked the question "Do you know this shape?" with the picture on the page. Then, the answer given on the next page with the shape shown again. The shapes included are: circle, oval (ellipse), triangle, square (& tetragon), pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, enneagon (& nonagon), decagon, rectangle, rhombus, and trapezoid. This is a terrific read aloud for a whole group or a terrific item to make a mini-book out of.
How to make a mini-book:
1. Go to Print as you normally would.
2. Click on Multiple (or Multiple Pages) next to your page size and handling options.
3. Click 4 next to pages per sheet. (You could do six, but its a small and thick book.)
4. Make any other adjustments you may desire AND Print.
5. Have students and/or volunteers to cut pages and place in the correct order according to the page numbers.