My Sneaky Snowman's Adventure Narrative Writing Unit | Writing & Art Project
Also included in
- If you're a new teacher in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade, you're going to LOVE this carefully selected bundle of resources to use with your students in December to keep them inspired and engaged! Let's set you up for success and make December the best month yet with fun, creative, and effective classroom mPrice $29.99Original Price $33.00Save $3.01
Narrative writing doesn’t have to be limited to just a plain old paragraph! Teach your students how to draft, write, and edit a narrative paragraph AND engage them with an art project at the same time. My Sneaky Snowman’s Adventure is a narrative writing unit and art project that’s just perfect for the winter season!
Not only will your students produce a narrative paragraph, but they will flex their creativity and produce a Sneaky Snowman Diorama and Sneaky Snowman flipbook!
What You Get In This Narrative Writing Unit:
- Alignment to Common Core Writing Standards
- 10 Days of Lesson Plans (30-45 minutes per lesson)
- Printable writing and activity sheets for each lesson
- Directions for diorama and flipbook activities
- Final Writing Grading Rubric
Scope and Sequence for This Narrative Writing Unit:
Part One: Character Development, Creating Flip Books, & Building Dioramas
Lesson 1: What If Snowmen Really Did Come Alive at Night?
(Writing: Flip Book Steps #1 and #2)
Lesson 2: Creating our Snowman Dioramas (Art)
(10 pre-drawn diorama backgrounds included)
Lesson 3: Let’s Get to Know Our Snowmen (Writing: Flip Book Step #3)
Lesson 4: Creating our Snowmen (Art)
Lesson 5: My Snowman’s Superpower (Writing: Flip Book Step #4)
Part Two: Writing Our Sneaky Snowman’s Adventure!
Lesson 6: Writing a Strong Introductory Sentence
Lesson 7: Here’s What Happened First (and Next)
Lesson 8: My Snowman’s Problem (& How He or She Solved It)
Lesson 9: Writing a Fantastic Conclusion
Lesson 10: Writing our Final Copy for My Flip Book: Putting It All Together!
(Flip Book Step #5 and Front Cover of Flip Books)
Why Teachers Like You LOVE This Resource:
“My students absolutely loved this writing project. They were excited every day throughout the unit. The snowman dioramas turned out wonderful as well. Thank you for providing us with an activity that sparked joy in these cold and dreary days of February.” - Great Lakes Teaching
“The kids loved this. It was a little challenging but I modified it and we enjoyed it.” - Shannon B.
Learn More About My Sneaky Snowman:
Check Out All Of My Writing Units:
Psssst..if you love The Sneaky Snowman, then you’ll adore my !
Looking for more great ideas and tips for your first, second, and third year in the classroom? Just because you’re a beginning elementary teacher, there’s no need for you to struggle like one. Subscribe to Beginning Teacher Talk, the podcast where we talk about all the things about teaching you wish you learned in college, share teaching stories and classroom management tips and tricks, and help you to succeed in the classroom:
Want support from a community of passionate educators dedicated to working smarter? Join my Private Beginning Teacher Talk FB Group for tips, tricks, and exclusive contests.
Get credit to spend on TpT resources:
- Log in, and go to “My Purchases”.
- Click “Provide Feedback” beside your purchase
- Each time you give feedback, TpT will give you credits towards future purchases!
Click on the green ★ to follow my store and get notifications about new resources and freebies!
I hope to connect with you soon!