My Standards Story is the perfect end of year project to help students reflect on their learning, growth, and mastery of the standards at the end of the school year. With the My Standards Story: End of Year Project, students write the story of two standards that they mastered during the school year, using evidence from the beginning, middle, and end of the school year to support their argument. They also tell the story of one standard that challenged them, and that they were able to overcome with hard work.
My Standards Story includes:
- Detailed lesson plans for 10 days of learning (could be cut down with less planning time for students)
- Five Show What You Know task cards for early work selection and brainstorming
- A five page outline for student planning
- A 21 page My Standards Story book for students to complete using evidence from their work during the school year
- Ten page standards packet in PDF and editable PowerPoint versions for teacher modification
- Detailed assignment sheet
- Rubric for grading
My Standards Story includes 47 pages of materials that will help your students reflect and recognize their own growth and learning this school year. My Standards story is the perfect compliment to the standards based grading/growth mindset classroom!
End the school year with meaningful reflection using My Standards Story!
Check out the Read it. Write it. Learn it. blog for more standards based ideas: