A fun story to add to –or introduce- the election process and what the job of president (and teacher) involves! This 35 page book response journal includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Important story events
- 11 comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Character traits – your teacher and a good president
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to a TV station
- Main Idea
- Reader's response writing prompt
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards for students
- ABC order of vocab. words
- Adjective find
- Important Nouns
-Author’s Viewpoint graphic organizer
-Expository paragraph writing (graphic organizers)
-Focus wall vocab cards
Can be used in large, small and individual settings. Pages can be used individually or as a packet. Also useful for assessment.
Thank you for considering this work!