This pack contains 20 writing tasks and an 8 page reader about your town. Motivate your students to think about what your town has, what makes it special, unique and a great place to be. (50 pages)
This is what is included -
1. Word Wall
3. Make a list of what is in your town
4. Interactive Note pages for each building in your town – Fire Station, Doctors, Movie theatre, Restaurant, Hospital, Police Station, Post Office, Law Court, Garage, Ambulance, Library, Supermarket, Mall, Church plus a blank page to create your own
5. List and draw road signs and the functions they have
6. Adjectives and verbs for the park
7. Venn Diagram for City and Country
8. Transport in my town – draw and describe
9. Research street names
10. My town is best because…..
11. A day in my town
12. Choose one part of your town and list three main facts
13. Interactive Notebook Page for my Favorite/Favourite Place in my town
14. DeBono’s Hats – My town
15. Jigsaw pieces for places in our town – a reading task. Two sets one in b/w for use as an Interactive Notebook and the second for use as a Learning Center
16. Goods and Services – brainstorm list
17. Customers – why do they come?
18. Draw a map of your town
19. Changes I have seen – draw before and after and then use as a writing prompt
20. My town is unique because
Plus a reader in black and white (8 pages) photocopy and then staple, then cut in half to make two books.
Occupations – People Who Work in our Community