PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These pages are designed for your students to make observations of trees through the four seasons. Go on a walk and decide on a tree to come back and observe during each season. Students can each observe their own tree or choose to observe one tree as a class.
Students are encouraged to observe and record:
- A picture of the tree in each season
- What they see as they observe the tree
- Changes they notice from season to season
- Questions they have after seeing the tree or noticing any changes
- Compare their tree to a friend’s tree
Four versions of the observation book are included for differentiation of grade or ability. If students each observe their own tree, they can compare their tree to a friend’s tree each season with a Venn diagram activity. A diagram of a tree with labels is included to develop the vocabulary for parts of a tree.