This packet is intended to assist teachers in supplementing the Houghton Mifflin Collections 6 textbook story, "My Wonder Horse" by Sabine R. Ulibarri. These activities make for worthwhile classroom conversation, build excitement about reading, and truly assists all students comprehension (lowest to highest). A wonderful form of differentiation as you try to reach ALL students. The packet focuses on teaching the concepts of THEME, CONFLICT, and BUILDING VOCABULARY AND COMPREHENSION SKILLS.
The following items are included in this packet:
• Teacher Instructions for how to best use the materials enclosed.
• Word Splash: Intended to build vocabulary and anticipation.
• Scheme Strips: To allow students insight into the story and to allow for predictions.
• Learning Targets
• Content Specific Vocabulary Form
• Quick Skill/Knowledge Check: Theme and Conflict
• Sketch Notes Form ("Drawing to Remember")
I think you will be pleased with this product and your students will really enjoy these materials. They make for a wonderful addition to the classroom and add, what I find is needed, to really make the story accessible to all students.
Enjoy and Happy Reading to All!