This student dictionary is a great tool to help your students keep track of the wonderful words and vocabulary terms that they learn throughout the year. This book contains the following:
1. 26 blank alphabet pages (students can use this section of the book to record new words that they learn
throughout the year).
2. Words for Readers: This section contains the following reading vocabulary terms: characters, setting, problem, solution, plot, nonfiction, fiction, cause/effect, main idea, events, author's purpose.
3. Words for Scientists: This section contains the following science vocabulary terms: living, nonliving, producer, consumer, mammal, reptile, amphibian, bird, fish, insect, food chain, matter, solid, liquid, gas, 5 senses, sight, taste, smell, hear, touch, force, heat, light, sound.
4. Words for Writers: This section contains the following writing vocabulary terms: noun, verb, adjective, pronoun, punctuation, topic sentence, narrative, plot, persuade, synonym, antonym, homonym, rhyme.
5. Words for Citizens: This section contains the following citizenship vocabulary terms: laws, rules, family, leader, president, jobs, goods, services, community, needs, wants, natural resources.
6. Words for Everyone: This section contains the following character education vocabulary terms: respect, responsibility, perseverance, generosity, honesty, loyalty, fair.
Each page in this book provides students with a place to record the definition and draw an example of the vocabulary term.