USA ENGLISH version. CCSS included on each worksheet
My Zoo Adventure is a fun thematic unit for all Very Busy Teachers of Grades 3-4.
This unit contains 36 pages and consist of the following worksheets and activities.
* Spelling Word List
* Syllable Sort - Students will say each spelling word out loud. Count the number of syllables they hear in the word and write the word in the correct box.
* Scavenger Hunt - Students are asked to read each clue given and write the correct words from their spelling list on the lines. Words can be used to solve more than one clue.
* Spelling Spy - Students will look at each set of words. Circle the one that is spelled correctly. Then use the word in a sentence.
* My Zoo Adventure Word Search
* Silly Story - Students will write a word on each line according to the clue given. Use their words to complete the silly story on the next page.
* Overheard at the Zoo - Students will read the statements provided and add commas, periods, and quotation marks where necessary.
* Weekend Guest - Students are provided with a letter that has 14 mistakes in it. They will then read the letter and correct the mistakes.
* Explanatory Letter - Students are asked to write a response to the letter from the Buffalo Zoo. Tell the reasons why they would or would not babysit Milo, the baby orangutan, for the weekend. Include an introduction and a conclusion in your letter.
* A New Discovery - Students will suppose they have discovered a brand new species of animal. Draw the animal in the space provided. Then tell what the animal is like. They are asked to use rich details and specific vocabulary to really bring your animal to life!
* King of the Jungle - All of the zoo animals are getting ready to elect a new leader. Students will pretend they are one of the animals and write a campaign speech telling why the animals should vote for them.
* Animal Language - From The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting sourced from the public domain. Comprehension worksheet.
* Mapping It Out - Students will cut apart the cards provided. Use them to create a map of the zoo. When they have figured out the locations, glue the cards onto the map.
* Feeding Time - Students will solve the math problems provided. Use numbers or pictures to help. Include units in their answers.
* My Zoo Adventure Tangram - Both color and black out-line tangram template provided.
* Animal Glyph - Students will follow the clues to create their own animal! Use the oval provided to start their animal’s body.
* My Zoo Adventure Workbook - Students will research their chosen animal and find their habitat, appearance and some fun facts about them.
All relevant answer keys are included.