This is a set of 38 Assorted Resources. Resources include:
1 x Singing Story ‘Black Cats Ball’ (This includes the song and the illustrations to enable you to use it as a singing story.)
6 x analysed songs which have a Halloween theme. (Including a Canon, a Singing Game, a song made from 3 ostinati a Rhyme and more!)
1 x Composition worksheet with accompanying student checklist (‘Haunted House’ using the whole tone scale)
2 x Staff Reading Worksheets with answers – (1 treble clef, 1 bass clef)
5 x Sight- Reading Worksheets (dms; dmsl; drmsl; drmfs; drm sltd’)
6 x Melodic Dictation Worksheets with answers (these have an alien vs space cowboys theme). These use solfa.
6 x Staff Dictation Worksheets with answers (these have an alien vs space cowboys theme).
10 x Rhythmic Dictation Worksheets with answers (these have an alien vs space cowboys theme).
These resources and more also available on MySongFile.com
More information about selected resources below.
GHOSTS ARE FLYING THROUGH THE NIGHT (Singing Game)
Children will love this fun guessing game as they take turns being the 'Ghost Buster' and the ghosts.
• This song works well for Halloween.
• A great song for practising the rhythmic elements 'ta' and 'ti-ti'.
• This song is in a minor tonality.
BLACK CATS’ BALL SONG AND SINGING STORY
• "Black Cats' Ball Singing Story" is a fun song for Halloween with illustrations.
• There are 7 'cat clocks' with different times helping support the reading of time.
• Students love the 'swung' rhythm of this song.
• This song is based in a minor key making it useful for students to become familiar with this tonality.
• This song mentions the music terms "louder", "faster" and "higher".
GHOST OF TOM
• This is a very versatile 4 part traditional canon with a Halloween theme.
• This song can be sung with rhythmic augmentation (double the length of every rhythm) or diminution (half the length of every rhythm).
• Written in a natural minor scale, this song has a melancholic sound with humorous lyrics!
• Useful for practising the rhythmic element 'too' or for teaching this element to older beginners.
HALLOWEEN (SIGHT READING STAVE – dmsl)
• These Sight Reading Stave Sheets can be used for practising dms; dmsl; drmsl; drmfs; drm sltd’ in a variety of ways:
• As a handout for each student and the whole class sings the same exercise.
• As a test for sight reading where individual students are asked to sing or play a particular exercise.
• As a practice exercise for students to practise singing melodies for homework.
HAUNTED HOUSE (Composition Worksheet)
In this Halloween themed worksheet students will:
• Write the rhythm for the rhyme 'The Little Mouse Ghost'.
• Use the notes of the C Whole Tone Scale to compose a melody.
• Write their melody on the staff.
• Check their work with the checklist provided.
ANNOYING ALIEN DICTATION WORKSHEETS
• These are useful and fun worksheets for practising specific melodic and rhythmic elements.
• Individual worksheets focus on the following melodic elements: so-mi; la; do; re; fa; ti.
• For each melodic element there is a worksheet using solfa and a worksheet using stave.
• Rhythmic worksheets focus on the following rhythmic elements: ta and ti-ti; sa; too, tika-tika; ti-tika; tika-ti; tim-ka; ka-tim; syncopa; triplet
• A fantastic worksheet for Halloween or if you are doing an 'Outer Space' theme!
• The first dictations have some notes or rhythms included making these great worksheets for early practise of each of the elements listed above.
• There are 2 main questions on each worksheet making them suitable for using in at least 2 different lessons.
• If you want to do dictations that are more than 4 beats, sing, play or clap more than 1 dictation at a time. E.g. play numbers 1-3 without stopping the beat.
• Answers are provided, or you can make up your own dictations by writing your answers on a copy of the worksheet.
This pirate collection (not included) can also be used for Halloween http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pirate-Dictation-Collection-646022