- Who invented the alphabet?
- Is the lost city of Atlantis a legend?
- Was there really a Trojan horse?
Challenge students to explore several important unexplained events that helped shape history. Students use primary source materials, posters, and simulations to find clues and to make informed decisions about these events. There are no right or wrong answers. These real-life mysteries encourage students to research, think, debate, and form conclusions.
The activities target standards in these areas:
- relationships and patterns in history
- historical perspective
- tmap skills
- development of civilizations
- presentation skills
This enhanced eBook gives you the freedom to copy and paste the content of each page into the format that fits your needs. You can post lessons on your class website, make student copies, and more.