This project involves students reading a book from the mystery genre, completing a first draft, and a final story map poster that is in the shape of a detective. The specific story elements the project focuses on are: Main character(s), setting, problem and solution. This project can either be completed at school or home.
• First Draft Worksheet Includes:
- Sheet to record the story elements
- Directions include the definition of each story element
- A "Reminders" section that calls attention to edit their first draft
• Detective poster (Final Copy)
- Title of the Poster, "It's a Mystery! Can you Solve It?"
- Size 11" by 17" (Tabloid)
- Poster allows for coloring of detective
• 20 point rubric for grading the project (with teacher comment section)
© Copyright 2012 Jill Semple
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Not for public display