The perfect centre for mid to end of the year Kindergarten! Have students practice identifying beginning sounds, blending and identifying CVC words all at once!
Print and laminate the “Mystery CVC Words” mats and picture cards. I place the mats on cookie sheets and add magnets to the back of my picture cards so they stick to the mats and give the activity a more tactile feel. Set the mats and picture cards out with magnetic letters. If you don’t have any magnetic letters, I have also included letter cards that you can cut out, laminate and add magnets on the back to to make your own magnetic letters.
Have students say each word, identify the beginning sound and put the corresponding magnetic letter on each picture. When they identify all 3 beginning sounds, have them blend the letters together to figure out the CVC word. Have the students find the CVC word and place it on the box beside the puzzle.
• 8 Mystery CVC Words mats
- Mat #1: cab, bed, dog, log, sun
- Mat #2: fan, web, pig, hot, yum
- Mat #3: jam, leg, kit, hop, run
- Mat #4: bat, pen, wig, pot, rub
- Mat #5: map, vet, bin, mop, rug
- Mat #6: hat, ten, lip, fog, mug
- Mat #7: van, hen, lid, mom, tub
- Mat #8: ham, net, bib, dog, mud
• Picture cards for each mat (40 picture cards, 2 pages)
• Letter cards that you can use, in case you don't have magnetic letters (120 letters, 8 pages)
All mats & picture cards in colour and B&W.
I hope your students enjoy this centre!
Please ask any questions you have prior to purchasing.
THIS PACK IS INCLUDED IN: CVC Centres: The Endless Bundle
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FILE IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE BUNDLE!
• CVC Make & Trace
• CVC Read & Find
• CVC Build & Magnify
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio