These mystery pictures provide a fun review of two-digit addition and subtraction. Leave them at a center for independent learning or assign them as homework. They're perfect for early finishers, too!
Problems with and without regrouping are included on separate worksheets. Choose the one that best fits the needs of your class. Or, if your students have varying skills or you're teaching a combo class, you can reproduce different worksheets for different students.
Here's what you get:
- Four mystery pictures - two feature addition and two feature subtraction
- Three versions for each picture - one without regrouping, one with regrouping, and one with blanks that let you fill in your own problems
- Answer keys
The four mystery pictures in this set are:
• Octopus (2-digit + 1-digit problems, such as 42 + 6 or 48 + 4)
• Seahorse (2-digit + 2-digit problems, such as 15 + 62 or 36 + 57)
• Crab (2-digit – 1-digit problems, such as 69 – 4 or 70 – 9)
• Whale (2-digit – 2-digit problems, such as 85 – 12 or 93 – 18)
If you'd like to get a better glimpse of this product, please see my free "Who Is Hiding?" sampler:
And - if you'd like mystery pictures that review three-digit addition, please see my "On Safari" set:
I hope you and your students have fun with these pictures. If you're interested in more mystery pictures, here are some Hundred Chart Mystery Pictures for you to check out.