Mystery Pixel activities are meant to be fun, interactive, research projects that are self-checking for students in Google Sheets™. Students plug in their answers inside of Google Sheets™ to reveal a mystery picture.
In this project, students research Christmas around the world, discovering facts about Christmas in Brazil, Japan, Germany, and China. Students are given a set of 21 task cards that ask specific questions. Students then type their answers into the Google Sheet™. If they type in the correct responses, they will reveal a secret picture!
Here are the steps for using this resource:
- Begin by printing the task cards for students. You may want to have students work either alone or with one other students.
- Open the Google Sheets file called “Holiday Art 1- TPT” in your Google Drive. You can simply open it once and then close the file.
- Go to Google Classroom and share ONLY the Google Sheets file with students. To do this, create an assignment and then click on the “Google Drive” logo. Pull in the purchased file entitled “Holiday Art 1- TPT.”
- Click on the drop down to ensure all students will receive their own copy of the file and then assign.
- Students can now use the questions on the task cards and the research links inside of the Google Sheets file to find the answers. The answers go in the answer column of the Sheet.
- If students correctly type in the answer, they will see pixels pop up on the screen. If they answer all of the questions correctly, they will see the full picture.
You must be a Google school to use this resource. You must be able to share this with students inside of Google Classroom™ and students must use Google Sheets™. Students do NOT need to have extensive knowledge of Google Sheets™ in order to use this project.