Calling all budding detectives! This 22 page package is perfect for introducing young readers to the Mystery genre. The reading activities work for any mystery, and help kids to learn the elements of a mystery story. Once they've completed a few case reports and / or some case notes, they'll be ready to try writing their own mystery, using the Mystery Planning sheet. My kids LOVE this unit!
Here's what you get:
- CASE NOTES- writing paper for students to record their thinking, questions, predictions, etc., as they read a part of a mystery book each day
- DETECTIVE CASE REPORT for recording the elements of the mystery - can be used with any story in the mystery genre
- BOOKMARKS with sentence starters to promote discussion and writing
- 9 colour VOCABULARY POSTERS to introduce mystery vocabulary words
- PLANNING MY MYSTERY - graphic organizer
- MYSTERY WRITING PAPERS
- TEACHER TIPS for using each of the activities
A fun change of pace for guided reading groups, literacy centres, Daily 5, and Writers Workshop!