Mystery Sentence Digital Game Show BUNDLE (Levels 1-4) - Distance Learning
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (4)
Mystery Sentence is a version of Hangman that you can play in your classroom on an interactive white board or projection unit - or for distance learning, using the screen share feature in Zoom or your video conferencing app of choice.
This game is an excellent way to review & reinforce sight words, CVC words, vowels & consonants, and sentence features (they start with an uppercase, have spaces between words, and end with punctuation).
Note: The video preview above shows the PowerPoint version. Google Slides does not have the capability to make the letters move automatically when you click on them as it shows in the video. You will need to do it manually - but your students will still LOVE to play this game!
How to play:
A student guesses a letter, and the teacher removes that letter from the board. If there's another letter underneath, it's in the sentence and gets moved up to its place. If there isn't another letter underneath, it's not in the sentence and one of the 10 stars at the top gets removed.
If all the stars are removed, the game is over and the teacher wins. If students solve the sentence before they run out of stars, they win! Each game includes an optional 1 minute dance party to celebrate with.
What's included in the bundle:
- 20 sentence puzzles at each level for a total of 80 Mystery Sentences!
- All puzzles are provided in both PowerPoint and Google Slides formats
- Each puzzle includes an optional picture clue and a 1-minute dance party
Level 1 Features:
- Sentences are 3-4 words long
- All sight words, except 1 CVC word (or 2-letter word)
- Includes the sight words: I, can, we, see, a, the, like, have, go, to
Level 2 Features:
- Sentences are 4-7 words long
- All sight words with 1-3 CVC words
- Includes sight words from Level 1 plus: this, is, and, do, little, you, for, me, are
Level 3 Features:
- Sentences are 6-9 words long
- Mix of sight words, CVC words, and 4-letter short vowel words (no digraphs)
- Includes sight words from Levels 1 & 2 plus: play, my, has, what, help, she, he, will, with, look
- Sentences with ? and !
Level 4 Features:
- Sentences are 7-11 words long
- Mix of sight words, CVC words, CVCe words, and words with blends & digraphs
- Includes sight words from Levels 1-3 plus: here, said, where, went, was, were, from, our