Mystery Skype is a 45-60 minute critical thinking challenge that your class partakes in with another class somewhere in the world. The goal is for your students to guess the other classes location before they guess yours using only yes or no questions. You can use Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangout as a platform for the phone call.
This is a great activity to use in the classroom for your students to expand their knowledge about the world, use critical thinking skills, build community in the classroom and interact with other classes all around the world!
This product includes:
Getting Started Pack:
1. How it Works page - explaining how Mystery Skype works
2. Planning Checklist - for the teacher
3. Permission Form
4. Skype Etiquette (Rules to follow while Skyping)
5. Job List
6. Possible Questions List
7. Research Your Own Community sheet
8. Job Sign Up sheets (Could also use Google Forms)
9. Practice Questions
10. United States & World Map
11. Mystery Skype Questions Form
Mystery Skype Journal:
- Journal Pages for 15 different Skype sessions
- United States & World Map to track who you have skyped with
- Miles Traveled Page - (track the miles it would take to travel to each different class)
Mystery Skype Question Cards (Black & white and Color):
- Country Questions
- State Questions
- City/Town Questions
Mystery Skype Job Name Tags
- 13 different jobs
- Job descriptions on each
Yes or No Cue Cards - to use with the other class
There are many ways to sign up for a Mystery Skype! You can use the hashtag #mysteryskype on any form of Social Media to search for other classes interested!
You can also e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a class to skype with!
The Mystery Skype webpage can give you more information: