NOW WITH TWO LEVELS! This activity was designed to be a simple game to use in speech therapy sessions. The student will uncover clues (by dragging them with their finger or mouse) and try to guess the secret word before the clues are all gone! This is similar to 20 questions games just simplified for younger students. I use this activity to target word finding, categories, inferencing, and more. You could also use it for a carry-over activity for articulation or fluency.
This activity is my #1 selling digital game for speech therapy! Don't miss out on Set 2 for for even more practice with all new words! Perfect for elementary aged students (I primarily use it with k-4, depending on skill level).
There are 2 levels:
- Level one is separated into 10 categories with functional, recognizable vocabulary for elementary-aged students (animals, food, people, places, toys, vehicles, furniture, clothing, school supplies, and tools. 50 cards. Level one cards have the category clue at the top of the page ("Hint: I am an animal')
- Level 2 is a mix of the categories with no category clue at the top (20 cards, please note level 2 contains the same cards as level 1, just w/o the category clue)
Game play: Drag the small dots off of the clues and try to guess what is under the big red dot on the top right of the card. I give my students one guess per clue. (Therapist trick: make sure you know what the object is before you start so you can provide cues as needed). Tap or click the picture for the fun BOOM card “ding" sound and a green circle with surround the picture (great feedback for students who need it.
There is a card guide for both levels (I recommend taking a picture or screenshot so you can keep track of what the object is).
- After your student guesses the word, have them retell you the clues they uncovered. This can help strengthen their defining skills. You could even look up the definition and compare it to the clues.
- If you are using this in a group, you can let the other student know what the secret word is. They can answer yes or no when the other student guesses.
Great for teletherapy or distance learning
***IMPORTANT! If you own the print version of this activity DO NOT buy this product. It is included with the original (just go back to your purchases and re-download to find the BOOM Card version). Click here to see the print version
Before you download this you understand the following:
- This is not a printable resource, it was designed to use in the Boom Card Program
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your activity:
After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this download allow?
One license allows you (one SLP/teacher/educator) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way. If you want to share it with a co-worker, please send them to this page to download it for themself!
Please leave feedback for this product !