Mystery Tile LENGTH of Fraction Line Game
Have fun learning and reviewing fractions all year! If your students are like mine, fractions can be a difficult concept, despite every engaging lesson. They need many opportunities to interact and get more comfortable with fractions. When my students play these games, I see them excitedly digging in to challenges. Students must use critical thinking skills to use math tiles 0-9 exactly once. This makes the game self-correcting and spurs great math discussions about why a tile can only work in one place.
This set features proper fractions on a line.
Please see the preview for this, and all the elements found in the Bundle.
Each Mystery Math Tile Game Includes
1. 32 Boards in full color
2. 32 Print friendly boards
3. 32 Answer pages
4. Condensed teacher Answers
5. Student Response pages
6. Condensed student response
7. Printable Tiles
8. Management Hints
A printable page with digit squares is included, but I prefer the durable number tiles
Model with Think Aloud
– These games are deceptively harder than they appear! When modeling a board, I use strong math vocabulary and explain my reasoning out loud. I model an incorrect answer and how to fix parts without having to start over again. Depending on the class, I model correct attitudes and words for partner support.
- Each set of boards has unique graphic themes. So several sets can be active in a class at once.
Centers & Homework
- Use the numbered response sheet to work on one set of boards for several days. Print 4 print-friendly boards to a page to include in center folders or homework.
• Pair Scoot – Pairs of students scoot together, practicing discussing math together as they reason about the answers.
• Silent Scoot - To use these boards as an assessment, have each student move silently to the next board.
• Teacher Stays Scoot - The lowest half of the class acts as ‘Teachers’ and must stay in their seat to teach their new partner. Teachers become experts in two boards, and have to use math vocabulary to support their peers who go to all the boards.
• Random Scoot – Pairs may move to a new table whenever they finish, with a limit of 6 students at a table (2 standing). I give a goal of 20 boards to be finished in a set amount of time. Those students who excel to finish 32 are given the answer key and asked to check their work, then help others.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Mystery Tile Fraction Game FREEBIE Sampler
with bonus boards from all six fraction games.
Math Tiles Fraction Games BUNDLE
• Mystery Tile Identify Fractions
• Mystery Tile Equivalent Picture Fractions
and Language Arts words.
• Mystery Tile Points on a Line Fractions
and gosh-darn-awful fraction jokes.
• Mystery Tile Fraction Length on a Line
• Mystery Tile Comparing Fractions
and finding Government terms.
• Mystery Tile Reducing Fractions
and finding Civil War terms.
– I made these for my 2nd-5th grade after school Math Game class. They were not able to do the more difficult boards, so I asked a fourth-grade class to do Quality Assurance. They found small errors and typos (not bad for 600+ pages of product). Those have all been fixed.
The price is currently $5.00 per set. When I’m certain there are no more hidden surprises the price will go to $6.50 a set (about 20 cents per board).
Many thanks to these creative talents:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.