Mystery Tile Multiplication Sampler FREEBIE
Please see the preview for this, and all the elements found in the Bundle.
What student doesn’t benefit from extra multiplication practice? These games are fun and deceptively challenging at the same time. One student said, “This doesn’t feel like school, it’s like we just had fun all day.”
To which I replied, “Welcome to Mrs. Shelley’s class.”
When my students play these tile games, I see them excitedly digging in to challenges. Students must use critical thinking skills to use math tiles 0-9 exactly once. This makes the game self-correcting and spurs great math discussions about why a tile can only work in one place. Occasionally there will be a Commutative Property discussion, “Is the correct answer 5 x 6 or 6 x 5?” In some cases, they’re both correct, but not if one says, ‘rows’ and the other says ‘columns!’
This set showcases two bonus boards from each Mystery Tile Multiplication Game.
The Complete Mystery Math Tile Games Include
• 32 Full Color boards
• 32 Print friendly boards
• 32 Answer pages
• Condensed teacher Answers
• Student Response pages
• Condensed student response
• Printable Tiles
• Management Hints
A printable page with digit squares is included, but I prefer the durable number tiles
Model with Think Aloud
– These games are deceptively harder than they appear! When modeling a board, I use strong math vocabulary and explain my reasoning out loud. I model an incorrect answer and how to fix parts without having to start over again. Depending on the class, I model correct attitudes and words for partner support.
- Each set of boards has unique graphic themes. So several sets can be active in a class at once.
Centers & Homework
- Use the numbered response sheet to work on one set of boards for several days. Print 4 print-friendly boards to a page to include in center folders or homework.
• Pair Scoot – Pairs of students scoot together, practicing discussing math together as they reason about the answers.
• Silent Scoot - To use these boards as an assessment, have each student move silently to the next board.
• Teacher Stays Scoot - The lowest half of the class acts as ‘Teachers’ and must stay in their seat to teach their new partner. Teachers become experts in two boards, and have to use math vocabulary to support their peers who go to all the boards.
• Random Scoot – Pairs may move to a new table whenever they finish, with a limit of 6 students at a table (2 standing). I give a goal of 20 boards to be finished in a set amount of time. Those students who excel to finish 32 are given the answer key and asked to check their work, then help others.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Mystery Tile Multiplication Game FREEBIE Sampler
with bonus boards from all four multiplication games.
Mystery Math Tiles Multiplication Games BUNDLE
• Mystery Tile Function Machine Multiplication
• Mystery Tile Multiples
and animal names.
• Mystery Tile Aesop multiples
of ten and distributive property.
• Mystery Tile Americana
Many thanks to these creative talents:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.