Mystery Tile Telling Time Sampler FREEBIE
Please see the preview for this, and all the elements found in the Bundle.
Is there a day that goes by without students asking, “What time is it?”
They never seem to get tired of hearing, “What does the clock say?”
When my students play these tile games, I see them excitedly digging in to challenges. Students must use critical thinking skills to use math tiles 0-9 exactly once. This makes the game self-correcting and spurs great math discussions about why a tile can only work in one place.
This set has two bonus boards from each Mystery Tile Telling Time Game.
The Complete Mystery Tile Telling Time Games Include
• 32 Full Color boards
• 32 Print friendly boards
• 32 Answer pages
• Condensed teacher Answers
• Student Response pages
• Condensed student response
• Printable Tiles
• Management Hints
A printable page with digit squares is included, but I prefer the durable number tiles
Model with Think Aloud
– These games are deceptively harder than they appear! When modeling a board, I use strong math vocabulary and explain my reasoning out loud. I model an incorrect answer and how to fix parts without having to start over again. Depending on the class, I model correct attitudes and words for partner support.
- Each set of boards has unique graphic themes. So several sets can be active in a class at once.
Centers & Homework
- Use the numbered response sheet to work on one set of boards for several days. Print 4 print-friendly boards to a page to include in center folders or homework.
• Pair Scoot – Pairs of students scoot together, practicing discussing math together as they reason about the answers.
• Silent Scoot - To use these boards as an assessment, have each student move silently to the next board.
• Teacher Stays Scoot - The lowest half of the class acts as ‘Teachers’ and must stay in their seat to teach their new partner. Teachers become experts in two boards, and have to use math vocabulary to support their peers who go to all the boards.
• Random Scoot – Pairs may move to a new table whenever they finish, with a limit of 6 students at a table (2 standing). I give a goal of 20 boards to be finished in a set amount of time. Those students who excel to finish 32 are given the answer key and asked to check their work, then help others.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Mystery Tile Telling Time FREEBIE Sampler
with bonus boards from all five telling time games.
Mystery Tiles Telling Time Games BUNDLE
• Mystery Picture Telling Time to HALF HOUR
• Mystery Picture Telling Time to QUARTER HOUR
• Mystery Picture Telling Time to FIVE MINUTES
• Mystery Tile Telling Time to MINUTE
• Mystery Riddle WORDS That Tell Time
Many thanks to these creative talents:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.