Add some fun to your mystery unit! This set of mystery activities lets kids explore how a detective thinks ~ and makes them do a little thinking of their own. Your students will love decoding secret messages, analyzing fingerprints, trying different types of invisible ink, playing observation games, and working logic puzzles.
- Students are presented with five different codes. For each, they decipher an encoded message and write their own messages too. (An answer key is provided.)
- On the first page, kids learn about fingerprint patterns and try to identify some patterns themselves. The second page gives kids an opportunity to make their own set of fingerprints. You can use an ink pad or pencil lead colored darkly on a paper for this.
- Five “recipes” for invisible ink are provided. Try one ~ or for maximum fun, let students try all of them to determine which works best.
- Try this set of three activities to see how observant your little detectives are!
- Let students work on their deductive reasoning skills with a set of five logic puzzles. For an extra challenge, have them make their own puzzle.
Click PREVIEW for a sample.
Watch for more mystery products coming soon! Follow me to be notified when they’re posted.
Detectives Clip Art Bundle
was created by EduClips