Mystery Unit - This is a mystery unit to help teach text structure and vocabulary for the mystery genre. This 56-page unit can be used with any mystery book.
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need more ideas to get started with teaching process and procedures with students during a workshop approach. All of the ideas provided in this unit are for kindergarten and 1st-grade classrooms. This unit might also be appropriate for struggling 2nd-grade students.
What is included in this Unit?
* Teach the students using the 5 E's of instruction:
* Engage - using an augmented reality scavenger hunt to solve a mystery. Students will scan pictures to learn the alibi's of the suspects then record their learning on police reports to solve the mystery.
* Explore - Students will explore online mysteries to determine the text structure of the genre.
* Explain - Students will read from any mystery, based on reading level, to determine the text structure of the story. Students will create digital interactive notebooks using the Book Creator app.
* Elaborate - Once students understand the text structure of the mystery, they will be able to start writing their own mystery.
* Evaluate - I have provided ideas and rubrics for assessing students understanding throughout the unit.
These unit resources are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease. The ideas and strategies in this unit have helped me with my students and I am confident will help you, too!
**NOTE - I have infused a lot of technology in this unit, but you do NOT have to have the technology to complete this unit.