Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Elements of Mystery Genre Complete Teaching Unit - Everything you need to teach the mystery genre in your classroom, library, or media center! This wonderful, comprehensive unit is standards based and Common Core aligned. Fun back to school unit!
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this versatile resource!
This product includes:
- Unit teaching plan with detailed daily lesson plans
- Teaching PowerPoint – 27 pages filled with real photographs, rich vocabulary, links to online resources and more
- Detective case report to use as a summary/book report for any mystery – wonderful assessment tool!
- Vocabulary cut and paste - great assessment activity
- Foldables and bubble map – perfect for use with interactive notebooks
- Anchor chart materials so that you can print, laminate, and use again and again!
- 3 original mysteries for analysis and close reading - with text-based evidence questions
- Vocabulary cards – 2 different versions for focus or word walls
- Mystery writing planning guide – great graphic organizer to teach mystery writing
- Compare and contrast activity
- Word search and answer key
- Ideas and resources for small groups and centers
Looking for other great ELA units and resources? Click here to see some of my bestsellers:
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love your feedback!
Please follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much!
Christie Dalton at My Pink Clipboard