This packet is designed to focus on Native American oral tradition by comparing it to works from other cultures, e.g. the creation story found in the book of Genesis in the Bible.
This packet includes
- question banks (approximately 100 questions, plot quiz and HOTS test questions)in Examview format.
- individual quizzes/tests made from the question banks in PDF and Examview format
- handouts of myths in class (except two, which are found in the Holt Literature textbook for Grade 11)
- a test prep activity (comparing two myths)
Even if you buy this only for the questions, you're paying only $0.05/question for accurate, professionally-created, totally unique questions.
If you do not have Examview, I recommend downloading NuancePDF (free), which converts PDF to MS Word formats pretty reliably, so you can edit the questions.
- World on the Turtle's Back
- Sky Tree*
- Coyote Finishes His Work*
- Loki and Baldur's Death
- Genesis Creation Story
* If you don't have "Sky Tree" or "Coyote Finishes His Work", these stories are pretty accessible via the internet. They are usually public domain works, although translations and details may differ.
- All quizzes come in two versions, with questions and answers scrambled. I included the Examview question bank for your benefit, but having Examview is not necessary.
- All tests come in three versions, with questions and answers scrambled. The question bank for these include detailed descriptors (Examview pros know it as the "Info Box") to help you choose what you need.
- The quiz questions are all plot questions, so they are best for reading checks.
- The test questions focus on the major focus of the unit (comparative mythology, or comparing myths; and, myth-as-history, what can myths tell us about the culture that created them) and on content knowledge (foreshadowing, archetypes, myth).
Myth & Oral Tradition Quiz & Test Packet by Josh Rutherford is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License