- This step-by-step reading comprehension skills bundle has original and engaging ideas that resonate with students, so they can form a deeper understanding of each reading skill. All of the units are designed with visuals, activities, practice, and graphic organizers to use with any story. There are$52.92$45.99Save $6.93
- Product Description
This STEP-BY-STEP Mythology Unit is loaded with teaching activities to help your students comprehend difficult skills concerning context clues and allusions. This resource is aligned to Common Core Standard RL 4.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in Mythology (e.g., Herculean).
Motivate with the variety of activities
Educate with the anchor charts and teacher notes
Differentiate with 3 versions of the passages (total of 3 passages), different levels in task cards, different interactive pages
For distance learning: There are 3 separate student PDFs according the text reading level. (Be careful not to put them on a public website. For copyright purposes, websites need to be password protected)
1. If you want students to write directly on a PDF and don't have a program with that capability, they can open it with dochub. It is free and a dropdown option when opening in Google. Students will need to provide an email.
2. Make an image or screenshot of the page/pages you want students to complete and have them create a textbox to write over top of it. The images can be placed in google slides. Directions on how to just send parts of a PDF to students. Click HERE.
What is included?
1. ANCHOR CHARTS (Context Clues, Allusions, Myths) and EXAMPLES
2. MENTOR TEXT
3. IDEAS FOR HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES
4. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PAGES (3 versions for differentiation when taking notes) Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
5. PASSAGES that include Mythology allusions TO PRACTICE with context clues and allusion questions. (2 practice passages)
6. TASK CARDS
7. BLANK CHARTS TO USE WITH ANY PASSAGE OR BOOK
8. TRACKING FORM
9. ASSESSMENT with context clues, allusion, and other comprehension questions. (1 assessment passage)
10. STUDENT VERSIONS- perfect to send to students to work on their own tablets! These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!
Version 1: Lexile levels 650-700
Version 2: Lexile levels 700-800
Version 3: Lexile levels 800-900
DO YOU NEED MYTH PASSAGES? CLICK HERE FOR MYTH PASSAGES WITH CLOSE READING QUESTIONS
OTHER RELATED RESOURCES
Thank you for visiting my store!