Mythology Unit is loaded with teaching activities to help your students comprehend difficult skills concerning context clues and allusions. This resource is aligned to Common Core Standard RL 4.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in Mythology (e.g., Herculean).
Motivate with the variety of activites
Educate with the anchor charts and teacher notes
Differentiate with 3 versions of the passages and different levels in task cards.
What is included?
1. ANCHOR CHARTS (Context Clues, Allusions, Myths)
2. MENTOR TEXT
3. IDEAS FOR HANDS ON ACTIVITIES
4. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PAGES
5. PASSAGES that include Mythology allusions FOR PRACTICE with context clues and allusion questions.
6. TASK CARDS
7. BLANK CHARTS TO USE WITH ANY PASSAGE OR BOOK
8. TRACKING FORM
9. ASSESSMENT with context clues, allusion, and other comprehension questions.
10. STUDENT VERSIONS- perfect to send to students to work on their own tablets!
Version 1: Lexile levels 650-700
Version 2: Lexile levels 700-800
Version 3: Lexile levels 800-900
DO YOU NEED MYTH PASSAGES? CLICK HERE FOR MYTH PASSAGES WITH CLOSE READING QUESTIONS
OTHER RELATED RESOURCES
TEXT DEPENDENT ANALYSIS
STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP CAUSE AND EFFECT UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP INFERENCE UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP THEME UNIT
OTHER READING RESOURCES
Thank you for visitng my store!