Mythology Writing Unit Project Based Learning
Students will demonstrate understanding of mythology by writing an original nature myth and creating a a visual reproduction of their god or goddess.
Your students love MYTHS, but how do you know what they've learned? Use this NATURE MYTH WRITING project to determine what they know. This student-favorite, standards-aligned project is a great culminating activity and it taps both genre and writing skills.
Read and discuss myths, then students use the detailed graphic organizer to write a new NATURE MYTH. Let them create their main character, a costume, or the setting where the myth takes place to use when presenting!
The graphic organizer takes them through every step of the storyline so they write a comprehensive narrative.
For the Teacher:
- A myth-based writing activity
- Student choice gives you the flexibility to differentiate
- Teacher directions
- A rubric for scoring the myth and the presentation
For the Student:
- Scaffolded graphic organizers to take them from start to finish
- Creative writing with many choices
- They pick what natural event they want to explain
- They create their main character, a costume, or the setting for when they present their original myth
Other Project Based Learning:
Peeps Project Based Learning and STEM Activities
Social Studies Create a Country Project Based Learning
Design a Restaurant Project Based Learning
1. Earn TpT credits to use for future purchases! After you log in, go to the "My Purchases" page and download this product. You'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Click on that, rate the product and leave a comment. It's that simple!
2. Like what you see? Click on the star next to my store logo to follow me!