Also included in
- This bundle of differentiated reading, writing, thinking activities and language posters is a great way to focus on the Tongan language and culture. This would be perfect to use during Tongan Language Week - Uike ‘o e Lea Tonga.Did you know that more than 60,000 people of Tongan heritage live in New$15.20$19.00Save $3.80
- This bundle of differentiated reading, writing, thinking activities and language posters is a great way to focus on the Cook Island Māori language and culture. This would be perfect to use during Cook Islands Language Week - Te epetoma o te reo Māori Kuki Airani.This BUNDLE includes the following re$15.20$19.00Save $3.80
- This bundle of differentiated reading, writing, thinking activities and language posters is a great way to focus on the Samoan language and culture. "Ma’au i lou ofaga; maua’a lou fa’asinomaga, Keep your identity alive, to thrive." Perfect for your guided reading program.This would be great for Samo$15.60$20.99Save $5.39
- Help your students to learn about the Pacific Island Nations of Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Niue and Fiji with our activity sheets, language posters, and reading comprehension tasks! Our MEGA BUNDLE features a range of activities, and are ready to PRINT and GO! Handy for Cook Island$49.99$63.93Save $13.94
Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated traditional literature close reading passages and questions. This pack includes SEVEN Year Five and Six narrative passages with six pages of engaging text dependent questions and higher order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Great for Cook Islands Language Week!
In 2019, Cook Islands Language Week is Sunday 4 August - Saturday 10 August.
These link directly to the New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity).
Myths are included from the following countries: Samoa, Cook Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Fiji, Niue and Tokelau!
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go Myths of the Pacific texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this pack you will receive:
1. Seven texts - all with an extended and scaffold version:
- The Turtle and the Shark - Samoa
- Ina and the Shark - Cook Islands
- The Octopus Lure - Tonga
- The Eel and the Flounder - Tuvalu
- The Turtles of Namuana - Fiji
- Mataginifale and the Whale - Niue
- Hemoana and Fenu - Tokelau
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
3. Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Character Map
- Story Map
- Story Plot Mountain
- Flow Diagram
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse
Check out our other Pacific products here:
- Pacific Islands MEGA BUNDLE Reading, Writing and Language Activities
- Samoa Literacy Bundle - Reading, Writing, Thinking and Classroom Display
- Sāmoan Greetings, Introductions, Farewells & Counting Classroom Display Posters
- Sāmoa Activity Sheets - Reading and Writing Activities
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: