New Edition Created for the Australian Market!
This book contains 101 worksheets that provide practice understanding and using figurative language. The worksheets cover idioms, similes, metaphors, adages, proverbs, and hyperbole. The worksheets are designed to be used by year 3, year 4, and year 5 students.
The worksheets are divided into 10 convenient sets that increase in difficulty. By completing all the sets, students will develop their language skills and build their vocabulary. This will enhance both reading comprehension and writing skills.
- 101 exercises cover idioms, adages, proverbs, similes, metaphors, and hyperbole
- 10 complete sets of exercises organised into easy, moderate, and advanced
- vocabulary, reading level, and difficulty increase through the sets
- each set includes a variety of tasks to keep students interested
- perfect for homework, classroom activities, or ongoing independent practice
- format allows for review and feedback after each set
Develops Language and Vocabulary Skills
- produces a thorough understanding of idioms
- provides practice recognising the meaning of common phrases
- helps students understand and relate to proverbs and adages
- develops the ability to understand and use similes, metaphors, and hyperbole
- teaches students to use context to determine word meaning
- helps students distinguish among multiple meanings of words
- improves writing by promoting stronger word choices and the use of figurative language
- encourages students to use descriptive vocabulary
- enhances reading comprehension skills