New Edition Created for the Australian Market!
This book contains 101 worksheets that provide practice understanding and using compound words. The worksheets also cover related skills including understanding and using synonyms, antonyms, multiple-meanings words, prefixes, suffixes, adverbs, and pronouns. The worksheets are designed to be used by year 3, year 4, and year 5 students.
The worksheets are divided into 10 convenient sets that increase in difficulty. By completing all the sets, students will develop their language skills and build their vocabulary. This will enhance both reading comprehension and writing skills.
- 101 exercises focused on compound words
- also covers suffixes, prefixes, word analysis, synonyms, and antonyms
- 10 complete sets of exercises organised into easy, moderate, and advanced
- vocabulary, reading level, and difficulty increase through the sets
- each set includes a variety of tasks that allow students to develop and then apply new skills
- includes a complete answer key
Develops 10+ Language Arts Skills
- produces a thorough understanding of compound words
- develops word analysis and decoding skills
- introduces common prefixes and suffixes
- illustrates how prefixes and suffixes change word meaning
- develops skills in identifying and using synonyms and antonyms
- teaches students to use context to determine word meaning
- creates an understanding of words with multiple meanings
- increases general vocabulary and develops knowledge of word meanings
- provides practice understanding and using nouns, adjectives, and adverbs
- introduces pronouns and demonstrates their meaning and uses
- encourages the use of different techniques to determine correct spelling
- enhances reading comprehension skills