New Edition Created for the Australian Market!
This book contains 101 worksheets that provide practice understanding and using homonyms, homographs, and homophones. The worksheets also cover related skills including phonics, spelling, and word meanings. The worksheets are designed to be used by year 3, year 4, and year 5 students.
The worksheets are divided into 10 convenient sets that increase in difficulty. By completing all the sets, students will develop their language skills and build their vocabulary. This will enhance both reading comprehension and writing skills.
Covers 10+ Language Skills
- produces a thorough understanding of synonyms and antonyms
- illustrates how prefixes and suffixes change word meaning
- provides practice sorting and categorising words
- helps students make real-life connections between words and their meanings
- develops skills in understanding and applying shades of meaning
- creates an understanding of positive and negative connotations
- teaches students to use context to determine meaning
- increases vocabulary and develops knowledge of word meanings
- encourages the use of precise and descriptive words
- enhances reading comprehension skills
- 101 exercises focused on synonyms and antonyms
- 10 complete sets of exercises organised into easy, moderate, and advanced
- vocabulary, reading level, and difficulty increase through the sets
- each set includes a variety of tasks that allow students to develop and then apply new skills
- includes a complete answer key