New Edition Created for the Australian Market!
This book contains 101 worksheets that provide practice understanding and using synonyms and antonyms. The worksheets also cover related skills including using prefixes and suffixes, understanding shades of meanings, categorising and sorting words, choosing words to convey ideas precisely, and recognising words with positive and negative connotations. The worksheets are designed to be used by year 3, year 4, and year 5 students.
The worksheets are divided into 10 convenient sets that increase in difficulty. By completing all the sets, students will develop their language skills and build their vocabulary. This will enhance both reading comprehension and writing skills.
- 101 exercises focused on synonyms and antonyms
- also covers suffixes, prefixes, determining word meaning, and connotations
- 10 complete sets of exercises organised into easy, moderate, and advanced
- vocabulary, reading level, and difficulty increase through the sets
- each set includes a variety of tasks that allow students to develop and then apply new skills
- each set is focused on developing key language skills listed in the Australian Curriculum
- includes a complete answer key
Develops 10+ Language Skills
- produces a thorough understanding of synonyms and antonyms
- illustrates how prefixes and suffixes change word meaning
- helps students distinguish between words with similar meanings
- provides practice using synonyms and antonyms to complete analogies
- builds an understanding of positive and negative connotations
- teaches students to use context to determine word meaning
- helps students make real-life connections between words and their meanings
- increases general vocabulary and develops knowledge of word meanings
- improves writing by encouraging stronger word choices
- promotes the use of effective and varied adjectives
- allows students to convey ideas precisely
- enhances reading comprehension skills