NARRATIVE WRITING ACTIVITIES & ASSIGNMENTS: This narrative writing package is a bundle of some of my best-selling writing products. It has everything you will need to teach story writing in a fun and creative way. Your students will love the modern ideas, activities, presentations, and prompts!
Some of the products are common core aligned, others are prompts for narrative writing which can be also used to complete the common core outcomes.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ Thank you for saving me on narrative writing with this amazing unit
♥ Thank you for your amazing work. This bundle is awesome. I thank you for being an A+++ seller, quick to answer questions and a superb creator of products that make our life easier and better for the children we teach.
♥ It has definitely been a class favorite this year! Thanks!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles To See Individual Resources)
4 PICTURES 1 STORY: PICTORIAL STORY-STARTERS
Students formulate their own narrative based on four images. You will be surprised at how unique each of the narratives will be even if students respond to the same assignment sheet!
• Includes 10 worksheets with 4 images per sheet.
BUILDING A MYSTERY NARRATIVE
Have your students show off their writing skills with a mystery narrative. This resource has everything you need to support your students in building their own mystery!
• A 24 slide Powerpoint presentation taking students through the details of writing a mystery.
• 9 Page student workbook that goes with the presentation. Includes lots of pre-writing graphic organizers for students to use
NARRATIVE STORY-MAKER ACTIVITY
This resource is a creative way to get your students started with narrative writing. Students will choose from a variety of character traits, settings, and types of conflict cards to create a unique story-line.
• Students choose from 48 character trait cards, 48 setting cards, and 48 conflict cards to formulate a plot. Teacher instructions and labels for the three categories included.
SNOWBALL COLLABORATIVE WRITING
The snowball writing method is a fun way to teach your students how to write collaboratively. I can guarantee this will be a lesson your students will not forget!
How It Works:
1. Each student gets one of the 30 pre-made worksheets with a different visual story starter. They begin writing the story.
2. After an allotted amount of time, writer one crumples their story up into a "snowball" and throws it to the front of the room.
3. Everyone goes to the front to grab a snowball and they continue to story!
This is done one more time, then it is returned to the original writer for editing, revision, and a final copy on looseleaf/typed! Students always have SO much fun doing this, and they usually can't believe you are letting them crumple up their stories.
WORDS THAT POP: DESCRIPTIVE WRITING
If you are looking for resources to help your students become better descriptive writers, this bundle is for you! The "Using Words That Pop" resource includes everything you need to teach descriptive writing.
• 18 Slide Powerpoint presentation that takes students through the details of descriptive writing.
• 9 page student workbook of fun worksheets that prepare them to teach descriptively.
ROLL A STORY
Students love to write narratives, but sometimes coming up with a creative plot line can be a challenge. Help your students develop creative narratives with this unique Roll A Story Activity!
How It Works:
Students roll the character, setting, and conflict dice / cube.
For example, a student might roll the following:
Character Dice: Zombie or Superhero
Setting Dice: Lab or Castle
Conflict Dice: Person vs Person or Person vs Self
The student would have to choose the setting, character, and conflict type and develop a unique narrative based on those choices!
Also included is a sheet where students can write their good copy (two versions available with different line spacing options).
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!