LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF THE LESSON:
• To demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of narratives (e.g., sequence, storytelling).
• To explore connections between images and words.
• To use detailed vocabulary to write their text.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE LESSON:
WITH ALL STUDENTS: Narrative structure is noticeable, but the reader may have to infer it, the sequence of episodes moves logically through time with some gaps.
WITH MOST STUDENTS: Narrative structure is evident – sequence of episodes moves logically through time with a beginning, middle and ending with few gaps.
WITH SOME STUDENTS: Narrative structure clear, sequence of episodes moves logically through time without noticeable gaps.
This resource includes:
1. Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Picture Chart and Images
3. Characteristics of Narrative Writing
4. Narrative Writing Mini-Lessons
5. Tell a Story Image
6. Narrative Writing Rubrics