A complete package on Narrative Writing. This resource contains everything you need to get going with Narrative Writing in your classroom.
• Explore connections between images and words.
• Use a range of narrative writing skills.
• Use the senses to make effective narrations.
• Develop a narration from personal experience, drawing on imaginative skills and techniques.
• Articulate experiences and express what is thought, felt and imagined.
1. Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using an effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
2. Engage and orient the reader by establishing a context and point of view and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally and logically.
3. Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, and reflection, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters. Provide a conclusion that follows from and reflects on the narrated experiences or events.
Teachers can use this to enhance the writing skills of the learners, especially the technique required for narrating a story using picture prompts.
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
1. Scaffolded Notes -
• Vocabulary Overview
• Frightening vs Serious Narratives
• Mysterious vs Funny Narratives
• Point of View Narrations
• Point of View Scaffolder
• Narrative Writing Flow Chart
• 4 Tasks
• Word-Bank: Adjectives, Adverbs, Connectives, Verbs
2. Real Life Application of Narrative Writing
3. Teaching and Learning Activities/Strategies -
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Types, Traits, and Techniques
- Lesson Starter – Good Story Profile
- Success Criteria - My Narrative Writing Checklist
- Lesson Development – Collaborative Group Task, Mini-Plenary
- Individual Task - Differentiated Task
4. Assessment Criteria
- Rubrics - Narration
- Plenary - PEEL Technique
- Skills - Social and Cognitive
5. Home Learning - 4 Tasks
For the PowerPoint Presentation of the same Lesson you may refer to:
NARRATIVE WRITING PRESENTATION
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub Tubs
✿ ESL Stations/Centres
✿ Holiday Work
✿ Small Group Collaborations
✿ End of Unit Quick Assessments
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎ DIALOGUE WRITING:
This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
✎ CAPITALIZATION RULES:
The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ ACTIVE VERBS:
This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
✎ FICTIONAL STORY WRITING:
A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
✎ NOUN PHRASES:
This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
✎ PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING:
Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
✎ PREPOSITIONS-10 RULES:
The handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing. – Mary Z.
Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
✎ COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES:
These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
✎ PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS:
I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
✎ SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT:
I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
✎ SEVEN AGES OF MAN:
This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER
. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here:
o TPT Store - JOHN DSOUZA
o Pinterest - JOHN DSOUZA
o Facebook - TOMORROW’S CLASSROOM TODAY
o Instagram - JOHN421969
o Twitter - JOHN421969