PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Organize your American Indians of Texas unit with a Tribes of Texas Lap Book. This lap book is designed to help students summarize content for the four American Indian Culture Groups of Texas. In addition to the lap book template, you will also receive content readings and image analysis handouts for every tribe in Texas.
You can construct the lap book at the beginning of the unit and have the students complete each section as they learn the content –or- create it at the end as a review for an exam.
With this resource, you will receive,
-Word Wall Terms to pre-teach key vocabulary
-a template for American Indians in Texas. Topic contents cover: Plains Cultures, Southeast Cultures, Gulf Coast Cultures, and Puebloan Cultures.
- Content readings and images on the major American Indian Tribes in Texas. These tribes include: Karankawa, Coahuiltecan, Caddo, Tonkawa, Tigua, Jumano, Apache, Kiowa, Comanche and Wichita.
-Stop and Discuss Questions on each reading and Image Analysis Questions for each tribe.
-Maps for your students to annotate with symbols and summaries with the information from the content handouts.
⭐Please download the preview to see what the lap book will look like when complete. ⭐
❓How much time will it take to make the lap book?
✥That really depends on you and your kids. If you model with your students, you can create it in about 15-20 minutes. The remaining portion of the lesson will be based on your students reading and taking notes from the content handouts.
TEXAS HISTORY TEKS
(1) History. The student understands the origins, similarities, and differences of American Indian groups in Texas and North America before European exploration. The student is expected to:
(B) identify American Indian groups in Texas and North America before European exploration such as the Lipan Apache, Karankawa, Caddo, and Jumano;
(C) describe the regions in which American Indians lived and identify American Indian groups remaining in Texas; and
(D) compare the ways of life of American Indian groups in Texas and North America before European exploration.
(10) Economics. The student understands the basic economic activities of early societies in Texas and North America. The student is expected to:
(A) explain the economic activities various early American Indian groups in Texas and North America used to meet their needs and wants such as farming, trading, and hunting; and
(2) History. The student understands how individuals, events, and issues through the Mexican National Era shaped the history of Texas. The student is expected to:
(A) compare the cultures of American Indians in Texas prior to European colonization such as Gulf, Plains, Puebloan, and Southeastern;
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2018 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.